Adding lighting to your landscape is a simple way to illuminate your outdoor space, add curb appeal to your home, and accent your home’s exterior.
Before you get started with landscape lighting, it’s important to consider a few different things.
- The Goal: Before you get started, it’s important to have a clear goal in mind. Adding solar lights along a walkway is practical, but there’s so much more you can do to enhance your garden. It may help to talk to landscape professionals, like Naturescapes Landscape Specialists.
- Light Placement: Adding lights to your landscape is all about creating a mood. Avoid spacing lights out too much or putting lights too close together. It’s all about achieving the perfect, subtle balance. Also, be sure to highlight key parts of your yard, like pathways, steps, patios, trees, and water features.
- Types of Lights: Use a variety of light types to complete your landscape lighting. Combining path lights, flood lights, spotlights, and other type of lights will help to create a subtle ambiance.
- Longevity: LED lighting Is a popular for its energy saving powers. LED landscape lights can last for up to 100,000 hours, and they are extremely durable. These types of lights also give you the flexibility to create more complex lighting effects.
- Light Pollution: When you’re thinking about light placement, you also want to think about where light is shining and the brightness. Using too strong of lighting may result in glare. You also want to make sure your lights aren’t brightly shining on a neighbor’s home.
And Don’t Forget to Be Creative
Just because you should plan out your lighting, doesn’t mean there’s no room to be creative. Adding unique accents and types of lights is a great way to enhance your curb appeal.
One of the best ways to do this is with NightOrbs ™, which are handblown glass garden balls that look great during the day and illuminate at night.
These orbs come in a variety of sizes, colors, and patterns. NightOrbs™ are more than just lights; they are pieces of art that can be enjoyed in gardens year-round for years to come.
Looking for some ideas for incorporating these into your space?
- Hang Orblets™ from tree branches to create an enchanting environment.
- Float WaterOrbs™ in ponds or other landscape water features.
- Illuminate garden walkways or paths.
- Light up the patio or deck using the NightOrbs™ optional mounting equipment or pedestals.
About the Author
Tom Rupnicki is the creative force behind NightOrbs™, as artisan, glassblower, and conceptual designer. His glass studio is based in Media, PA, and NightOrbs™ can be shipped across the US.