Ecological harmony is at the core of Naturescapes’ philosophy. We believe this means giving back to the community that supports us, and we have donated to a number of causes this fall in honor of Giving Tuesday.
Organizations We Have Supported in 2020
During these unprecedented times, it is extremely important to give back to organizations in your community and organizations that you stand by. We continue to support a number of non-profits, but here are some we want to highlight this year:
- Chester County Food Bank: Located in Exton, the Chester County Food Bank is a resource for agencies working to serve the food insecure of Chester County.
- The African Education Program: We are excited to support The African Education Program in its mission to empower the youth of Zambia through education and leadership. In order to break the cycle of poverty in their communities.
- Seva Foundation: We are proud to support Seva in their mission to deliver vision care to those in need. Seva provides surgery, glasses, and medical treatment all around the world.
Naturescapes has supported the following initiatives:
- Natural Lands: Natural Lands is a Media-based organization dedicated to preserving and protecting nature. Through this work, they hope to promote joy and discovery in the community.
- Delaware River Keepers: Delaware River Keepers works throughout the Delaware River Watershed to keep our water sources clean and healthy.
- Easttown Library Foundation: The Easttown Library Foundation was set up to develop funds and resources for the local Easttown library.
- Chester County Hospital Foundation: This foundation serves Chester County Hospital, a branch of Penn Medicine.
- Brandywine Valley SPCA: We support our local SPCA, a foundation dedicated to preserving the well-being of animals.
- Foundation for Learning in Tredyffrin/Easttown (FLITE): FLITE helps students who have financial or environmental challenges to gain the tools and support they need to succeed.
- The Nature Conservancy: The Nature Conservancy works to protect the land and water we all depend on in Pennsylvania and around the world.
- Nellie’s Schoolhouse: Nellie’s Schoolhouse is an afterschool & weekend program that helps to foster relationships between well-mannered dogs and children with autism, depression, and anxiety.
- The Colonial Williamsburg Foundation: Located in Virginia, The Colonial Williamsburg Foundation is a living museum that strives to preserve & share the Amerian story.
- Thorncroft: Thorncroft works with those with special needs to help develop self-esteem and improve mental health through therapeutic horseback riding.
- Media Arts Council: Based in Media, PA, the Media Arts Council supports local artists and integrates their work into the community.
- French & Pickering Creeks Conservation Trust: We support French & Pickering in their efforts to preserve, protect, and steward land in Northern Chester County.
- Camphill Soltane: Camphill Soltane provides support for people with disabilities by helping them to find employment and build a sense of community.
- Bartram’s Garden: This living laboratory, membership organization, and outdoor classroom is free and open to the public. It is considered a National Historic Landmark and draws nearly 40,000 visitors each year.
- Chester County Fund for Women and Girls: Founded in 1996, the Chester County Fund for Women and Girls (CCFWG) is dedicated to improving lives for women, girls, and their families in Chester County.
- Brandywine Conservancy & Museum of Art: This organization works to preserve natural and cultural resources, thus providing education and health. This increases the quality of life for our community.
Which organizations do you plan to support this Giving Tuesday? If you would like to give back, but need some ideas for worthy causes, check out some other organizations that we believe in.